Human Resources and Labor Regulation Committee started its work in 2020. The main goal of the Committee is to bring more attention to HR issues in member companies, to involve HR leaders and managers into the CCIAF’s life and to create a platform for thinking together, sharing issues and challenges and getting to solutions by learning from each other and sharing best practices. In addition, the Committee was also created as a platform for corporate and non-corporate HR professionals to meet and get to know each other better.
Committee Mission for 2020
- Organizing events on HR issues and practices, legal issues that are of the interests of the HR practitioners
- Strengthen the collaboration with the Azerbaijan Government and key stakeholders on employment and labor issues, improve transparency and effectiveness of regulations and policies on labor issues including the revision of the Labor Code, social insurances, payroll-related taxes, etc.
- Strengthen the collaboration with the other Committees of CCIAF and other Business Associations through organizing joint events and cooperating in joint projects.
Committee main goal for 2020 is to enable CCIAF members to share best practices and resources through:
- Best Practices presentations (delivered by committee members)
- Updates on Azerbaijani labor law legislation
- Annual Salary and Inflation Surveys
- HR Academy for junior HR specialists on HR Management (delivered by committee members on a voluntary basis)
- Promoting collaboration with local educational institutions
- Webinar on “Regulation of Labor Relations in the context of COVID-19 Pandemic”
- HR Committee launched a survey to identify the COVID-19 outbreak’s impact on companies and their staff
- Webinar on “Expected amendments to Labor Legislation and the latest updates in unemployment insurance” in partnership with the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population (MLSPP)
- Meeting with Mustafa Abbasbeyli, Chair of the State Employment Agency
- AFchamber HR Academy – 2-month Program